Advanced Function Presentation Resource Structure
Duration: 3 Days
This course is intended for those who are required to understand the structure of the AFP resources, ie
- Page definitions,
- Form definitions,
- Electronic overlays,
- Fonts and
- Page segments
and of the AFP objects which may be contained therein:
- Presentation text object content architecture (PTOCA)
- Image object content architecture (IOCA)
- Graphic object content architecture (GOCA)
- Bar code object content architecture (BCOCA) and
- Original image objects (IM1)
Or to extract relevant information from selected structured fields which define these resources, and make simple modifications where relevant to achieve application objectives.
Topics Covered In This Course
- Overview of the Advanced Function Presentation concepts, resources, application categories and products
- Building electronic overlays using OGL/370 and how these may be specified and used
- Building page and form definitions with reference to the PPFA (Page Printer Formatting Aid) program and how these may be specified and used
- Using fonts whenever text is to be formatted and describing the different components of a font
- Using page segments and image and graphic objects to display pictorial objects, such as logos and signatures
- Building selected linear bar code objects in the page definition and electronic overlay and describing how to build two-dimensional bar code objects in the page definition.
- Building AFP resources to exploit multiple-up printing, duplexing, using fixed and tailored forms and using Table Reference Characters
- Describing the functions provided by both basic and enhanced Power Positioning and when the use of either can be exploited.
What You Can Expect
After completing this course, the delegate should be able to:
- Using a suitable browser or editor,
- analyse each of the AFP object and resource types at the structured field level,
- using the relevant manuals, extract significant information from each AFP object and resource type
- make modifications to some of these objects or resources to create new objects or resources to meet application requirements.
- Understand which objects and other structured fields may be included in a MO:DCA-P file and / or in a line data file.
Who Should Take This Course
This course is intended for those who are responsible for supporting Advanced Function Presentation environments or for investigating or modifying AFP resources to meet application needs.
Before attending this course, the delegate should have basic knowledge of data processing in an operating system with a spooling subsystem and of Advanced Function Presentation and its applications, which could be acquired by attending our Using Advanced Function Presentation course.
It is a classroom course with some desk practicals. It may be run on customer premises.
Using Advanced Function Presentation
Creating Advanced Function Presentation Resources
Every student attending a Verhoef Training class will receive
a certificate good for $100 toward their next public class taken
within a year.
You can also buy "Verhoef Vouchers" to get a discounted rate for a
single student in any of our public or web-based classes.
Contact your account manager or our sales office for details.