AJAX - Building Web Applications with AJAX
Duration: 4 Days
AJAX is a key element in the web 2.0 revolution, and now seems poised to revolutionize software development in general with the promise of ending the hassles of deployment, installation, and release management for specialized applications.
The course discusses the collection of technologies that support web 2.0 development, and describes the techniques to improve performance and usability of web-based applications.
Topics Covered In This Course
INTRODUCTION TO AJAX
BASIC AJAX TECHNOLOGIES
USING AJAX EFFECTIVELY
FURTHER AJAX TECHNOLOGIES
SPECIFIC AJAX TECHNIQUES
DESIGN PATTERNS FOR AJAX
What You Can Expect
At the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
• Fully understand what AJAX is, how it works, and what differentiates an AJAX application from a conventional web application
• Be able to improve usability of existing web pages by combining AJAX and page elements with static elements
• Be able to send and receive data from the application server without interrupting the user's workflow by refreshing the page
• Use such data in either XML or JSON format to add to, remove from, or update the page's contents
• Understand how asynchronous updates may improve (or detract from) the user's experience and perception of the application
• Implement and bring home a set of frequently-used AJAX interaction techniques to use as starting points in adding AJAX to actual applications
• Be able to use popular libraries including Prototype, Dojo, and Scriptaculous to simplify AJAX implementation and ensure cross-browser compatibility
• Understand and apply the Model-View-Controller pattern in designing, implementing and refactoring user interfaces
• Understand the value and features of emerging AJAX frameworks and support for server tools supporting AJAX techniques including GWT and RubyOnRails
Who Should Take This Course
This course is intended for web developers and desktop application developers with knowledge of web technologies, who wish to develop the skills needed to apply AJAX to existing web applications, or to architect and implement new applications that can benefit from the AJAX approach.
A basic understanding of server-side web application technologies such as CGI, ASP, JSP, Servlets and Web Services is essential, but direct server-side experience is not required.
This course consists of a series of short lecture sessions to provide an introduction and explanation of topics, and extensive hands-on workshops to provide practical experience of the AJAX techniques covered.
Emphasis is on understanding and directly implementing basic AJAX techniques, and using some essential client-side libraries to implement AJAX applications productively. This course also applies these techniques to enhance the user experience and to support an effective application architecture.
Every student attending a Verhoef Training class will receive a certificate good for $100 toward their next public class taken within a year.
You can also buy "Verhoef Vouchers" to get a discounted rate for a single student in any of our public or web-based classes. Contact your account manager or our sales office for details.
Can't find the course you want?
Call us at 800.533.3893, or
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org