Skills Update: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to Microsoft SQL Server 2008
Duration: 3 Days
This 3-day course updates student's skills from Microsoft
SQL Server 2005 to Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
« Hide The Details
Topics Covered In This Course
Introduction to SQL Server 2008
- History of SQL Server
- Planning and Preparing for SQL Server 2008
- Lab: SQL Server Installation Center
- Lab: SQL Server Books Online
SQL Server 2008 Management – What's New?
- Central Management Servers
- Policy-Based Management
- Lab: Creating a Central Management Server
- Lab: Using Policy-Based Management
SQL Server 2008 Performance – What's New?
- Workloads and Resource Governor
- Performance and the Data Collector
- Performance and Plan Guides
- Lab: Using Resource Governor
- Lab: Using the Data Collector
SQL Server 2008 Security – What's New?
- Database Encryption
- SQL Server Audit
- Lab: Using Data Encryption
- Lab: Implementing SQL Server Audit
SQL Server 2008 Development – What's New?
- Transact-SQL Enhancements
- SQL Server Management Studio Enhancements
- Data Type Enhancements
- Spatial Data
- Lab: Using Transact-SQL
- Lab: Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Lab: Using Spatial Data
SQL Server 2008 Availability – What's New?
- Always On Technology
- Transactional Peer-to-Peer Replication
- Lab: Configuring Peer-to-Peer Replication
- Lab: Adding a Replication Node
SQL Server 2008 Data Warehousing – What's New?
- ETL Enhancements
- Partitioning Enhancements
- Optimizing Storage
- Using Change Data Capture
- Using the MERGE Statement
- Working with Partitioned Data
- Compressing Data
- Lab: SQL Server 2008 Data Warehouses
SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services – What's New?
- Reporting Services Management
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Processing
- Lab: Creating a Report
- Lab: Managing Reporting Services
SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services – What's New?
- Multidimensional Analysis
- Data Mining
- Lab: Implementing Multidimensional Analysis
- Lab: Implementing Data Mining
- Lab: Using the Office 2007 Data Mining Add-ins
What You Can Expect
- Understand the new features of SQL Server 2008
- Manage and optimize SQL Server 2008 instances
- Secure SQL Server 2008 databases
- Develop SQL Server 2008 databases
- Implement high-availability database solutions
- Create a SQL Server 2008 data warehouse
- Use SQL Server 2008 Analysis and Reporting Services
Who Should Take This Course
Information technology professionals experienced as developers
or database administrators for Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
Instructor-led lecture coupled with relevant individual
« Hide The Details
Every student attending a Verhoef Training class will receive
a certificate good for $100 toward their next public class taken
within a year.
You can also buy "Verhoef Vouchers" to get a discounted rate for a
single student in any of our public or web-based classes.
Contact your account manager or our sales office for details.