Advanced Administration for MOSS 2007 and WSS 3.0
Duration: 5 Days
This course teaches experienced students how to plan, deploy,
configure, and maintain server farm solutions with Microsoft
Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services
3.0. Virtually all advanced capabilities of SharePoint
2007 are included so that the student will be successful
in managing the complete life cycle, from planning through
ongoing operation and growth.
« Hide The Details
Topics Covered In This Course
SharePoint 2007 Architecture
- WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007 Server Farms
- MOSS 2007 Server Farm Topology
- Planning a deployment
- Deploying WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007 Farms
Configure SharePoint 2007
- Shared Services Providers creation
- Configuring Server Farms including e-mail and quotas
- Configuring Administration Settings
- Verify the configuration
- Capacity Planning and requirements management
- Sizing the Architecture
- Information Architecture and Content Types
- Solution Architecture
- Features, Site Definitions and Templates
Search and Indexing
- Search Architecture
- Crawl and Query Processes
- Search Server Layouts
Customizing and Extending SharePoint
- Modifying Master Pages and Layouts
- SharePoint Designer 2007 Usage
- Installing an iFilter and Associate a File Type
- Visual Studio options
Business Data Catalog
- Planning the Business Data Catalog
- Configuring the Business Data Catalog
- Managed properties
Forms, Excel Services, and Workflows
- Creating Microsoft InfoPath Forms for use in SharePoint
- Excel Services in MOSS 2007
- Workflows in SharePoint
- Dashboard options
Operations and Administration
- Managing a Server Farm
- Using Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager with SharePoint
- Troubleshooting Migrations and Upgrades
- Performance monitoring
Backup, Restore, and Disaster Recovery
- Backup and Restore
- Using Microsoft SQL Server Backup and Restore
- Using Microsoft SQL Server Failover Solutions
- Using Data Protection Manager
- MOSS Security Accounts
- Securing Content
- Form-Based security
- Securing Communications within a Server Farm
- Using Server Hardening
What You Can Expect
At the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand SharePoint Architecture in a server farm environment.
- Describe how to configure and maintain SharePoint server
- Perform Capacity planning a deployment.
- Configure search and indexing.
- Customize and extend deployments.
- Configure the Business Data Catalog.
- Configure Forms and Excel Services.
- Understand information and solution architecture.
- Manage Monitor, and Troubleshoot SharePoint Technologies
- Use all of Central Administration's options
- Work with tools including SharePoint Designer and Visual
- Plan for disaster recovery
- Backup and Restore SharePoint servers.
- Apply Security to deployments.
Who Should Take This Course
A minimum of two years experience with SharePoint Technologies
Instructor led with 50% lecture and 50% lab.
« Hide The Details
SharePoint 2010 for System Administrators
Every student attending a Verhoef Training class will receive
a certificate good for $100 toward their next public class taken
within a year.
You can also buy "Verhoef Vouchers" to get a discounted rate for a
single student in any of our public or web-based classes.
Contact your account manager or our sales office for details.