Duration: 2 Days
This course develops skills in using the Object/Relational Mapping tool Hibernate. The course uses the latest release version of Hibernate, 3.2, which is directly related to the new EJB 3.0 version defined in Java EE 5.0.
By the end of the course, students will be prepared to set-up and use Hibernate as the persistence mechanism in Java applications.
Topics Covered In This Course
Introduction to Hibernate
The Criteria Query API
Hibernate Query Language
What You Can Expect
• Configure Hibernate using both properties files and XML documents.
• Create mapping documents for Java classes.
• Define object relationships and build mapping documents to model them.
• Use components to model composition relationships in the object model.
• Work with one-to-one, many-to-one, and many-to-many relationships.
• Evaluate the different approaches to modeling inheritance and polymorphism in database schema.
• Build Java applications that use Hibernate to create, retrieve, update, and delete objects.
• Use Hibernate's Criteria Query API to do searches and Query By Example.
• Work with Hibernate Query Language (HQL) to generate object-based SQL.
• Understand Hibernate sessions and transactions and their impact on performance.
• Intermediate knowledge of Java programming
• Some familiarity with SQL, relational databases, and the Java Database
• Connectivity (JDBC) interfaces will be used
Every student attending a Verhoef Training class will receive a certificate good for $100 toward their next public class taken within a year.
You can also buy "Verhoef Vouchers" to get a discounted rate for a single student in any of our public or web-based classes. Contact your account manager or our sales office for details.
Can't find the course you want?
Call us at 800.533.3893, or
email us at [email protected]