Hardware Management Console (HMC) for Operational Personnel
Duration: 2 Days
On our website at:
Topics Covered In This Course
- Starting the Hardware Management Console
- Selecting Objects
- Opening an Objects
- Performing a Task
- Monitoring Your Hardware
- Unacceptable status
- About Activation Profiles
Views and Work Areas
- System-Defined groups
- CPC Images
- Active Tasks
- Console Action
- Status Colours and/or Patterns
- Backup Critical Console Data
- Enable Hardware Management Console Services
- Install Internal Code Changes/Activate
- Domain Security
- CPC Recovery Tasks
- Service Tasks
- Reports a Problem
- Engineering Changes (EC)
- CPC Remote Customization Tasks
- Transmit Vital Products Data
- Describe 68 tasks to be used on the HMC
Remote Console Operations
- The Remote Console Components
- Shutdown HMC
- Turning off the HMC
Message and State Monitor Facilities
- Message and State Monitor
- Process Description
- Site Alert Client Filters
- Site Alert Client Predefined 'Conditions'
- How to setup a filter as an existing 'condition'
- How to setup a filter as an existing 'keys', but creating
a new 'condition'
- Example of adding a new key
- Example to add a new condition
- State Changed Events
- Operating System Message
- Problem Investigation
- Enabling a 'Conditions' in Site Alert Client
- Site Alert Client Database Inconsistencies
- Hardware Management Console File Management
- Task Matrixes for the Hardware Management Console
- Glossary of Terms and Abbreviations
What You Can Expect
This course will help users of zSeries to understand how
to use Hardware Management Console (HMC). It will cover
terminology, views and problems determination. The student
will have a better understanding on how to operate and
After taking this course the student should have:
- An understanding on how to use the HMC.
- Knowledge of HMC terminology.
- Knowledge of use of different panels.
- Ability to manage the HMC with the use of a mouse.
- Knowledge of problem determination.
- Ability to access and use tasks.
- Work with Message and State Monitoring Facilities.
- Knowledge on how to shutdown the HMC.
Who Should Take This Course
This course was designed for individuals who work with a
Hardware Management Console (HMC).
The participant should have a basic understanding of the
OS/390 or z/OS operating systems.
Every student attending a Verhoef Training class will receive
a certificate good for $100 toward their next public class taken
within a year.
You can also buy "Verhoef Vouchers" to get a discounted rate for a
single student in any of our public or web-based classes.
Contact your account manager or our sales office for details.