Microsoft ASP.NET Using Visual Basic 2008
Duration: 4 Days
Topics Covered In This Course
Introduction to ASP.NET
- A Review of Classic ASP
- ASP.NET Web Applications
- Rendering HTML with Server Controls
- Data Binding in ASP.NET
- Web Development Using Visual Studio
Working with Controls
- Introduction to Web Controls
- Simple Input Controls
- HyperLink and Button Controls
- List Controls
- Controlling Focus
Using Rich Server Controls
- Introduction to Rich Controls
- The Calendar Control
- The AdRotator Control
- The XML Control
- Overview of ADO.NET
- Connecting to Data
- Executing Commands
- Working with Data
- Choosing an ADO.NET Provider
Introduction to LINQ
- Language Integrated Query
- LINQ Syntax
- LINQ to SQL
- LINQ to DataSets
- LINQ to XML
- Configuration Overview
- Using the Web Site Administration Tool
- Programming Configuration Files
- Encrypting Configuration Sections
- Introducing Data Source Controls
- Reading and Write Data Using the SqlDataSource Control
- Displaying and Editing Middle-Tier Data Using the ObjectDataSource Control
- Binding Using the LinqDataSource Control
- Displaying XML Data Using the XmlDataSource Control
Validating User Input
- Overview of ASP.NET Validation Controls
- Using the Simple Validators
- Using the Complex Validators
- Summarizing Results with the ValidationSummary Control
- Separating Validation into Validation Groups
- Introducing Cascading Style Sheets
- Investigating Styles
- Using Visual Studio 2008's Tools for Working with Styles
Themes and Master Pages
- Creating a Consistent Web Site
- Master Pages
- ASP.NET Web Site Navigation
- Creating an XML Site Map File
- Site Navigation Controls
- Using the Site Navigation API
- URL Mapping
- Security Trimming
Displaying Data with the GridView Control
- Introducing the GridView Control
- Filter Data in the GridView Control
- Allow Users to Select from a DropDownList in the Grid
- Add a Hyperlink to the Grid
- Deleting a Row and Handling Errors
- Preserving State in Web Applications
- Page-Level State
- Using Cookies to Preserve State
- ASP.NET Session State
- Storing Objects in Session State
- Configuring Session State
- Setting Up an Out-of-Process State Server
- Storing Session State in SQL Server
- Using Cookieless Session IDs
- Application State
Managing Users with ASP.NET's Membership Features
- Introduction to Membership and Roles
- Using Membership Controls
- Writing Code to Interact with Membership and Roles
- Server-Side Code Debugging in ASP.NET
- Using the Visual Debugger
- Debugging Exceptions and Handling Errors
- Debugging Stored Procedures
Client-Side and Advanced Debugging
- Client-side Code Debugging in ASP.NET
- Custom Data Visualizers
- Debugging .NET Framework Source Code
What You Can Expect
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Use ASP.NET server controls to generate HTML and to execute event procedures.
- Configure and deploy ASP.NET applications.
- Promote consistency within your Web site through the use of Master Pages.
- Retrieve and manipulate data using ADO.NET.
- Display and edit data quickly and easily using data binding features.
- Use Membership features to manage your Web users.
- Manage session and application state to give users a rich browsing experience.
- Use Site Navigation controls to direct users within your site.
- Add scalability and reliability by setting up an out-of-process session state server.
- Use ASP.NET's new CSS tools to create consistent and maintainable sites.
- Validate user input using validation controls.
- Debug .NET code that runs on the server to generate Web pages and interact with the user.
Before taking this course, students should have a good working knowledge of Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio 2008 and the .NET Framework 2.0. Students should also have a good working knowledge of Visual Basic.
Web Site Development using ASP.NET
Visual Basic .NET Programming and WinForm Applications
Bootup to .NET with VB
ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Development
Every student attending a Verhoef Training class will receive
a certificate good for $100 toward their next public class taken
within a year.
You can also buy "Verhoef Vouchers" to get a discounted rate for a
single student in any of our public or web-based classes.
Contact your account manager or our sales office for details.