Software Testing Bootcamp Part 2
Duration: 3 Days
This course covers both functional and technical testing which will benefit not only test analyst/developers but also test managers. A sample application is included to practice techniques beginning with requirements, new application testing, and maintenance testing. This course prepares the student for the next courses in the curriculum such as .NET, Java, Mercury Tools, and RAD tools.
Topics Covered In This Course
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Why Part I and Part II
- Testing defined
- What Is a "Test Analyst"?
Chapter 2 The Example Application
- Requirements management
- Use of the Application System
- Availability of the Application System
Chapter 3 Management Issues
- Types of Systems
- Test Process
Chapter 4 Specification-Based Testing Techniques
- Individual Specification-Based Techniques
- Selecting a Specification-Based Technique
Chapter 5 Structure-Based Testing Techniques
- Application of Structure-Based Techniques
- Individual Structural Techniques
- Selecting a Structure-Based Technique
Chapter 6 Defect-Based Testing Techniques
- Business application of the technique
Chapter 7 Experience-Based Testing Techniques
- Error Guessing
- Checklist-Based Testing
- Exploratory Testing
- Strengths and Weaknesses
Chapter 8 Analysis Techniques
- Static Analysis
- Dynamic Analysis
Chapter 9 Testing Software Characteristics
- Software Quality Attributes
- Software Quality Attributes for the Test Analyst
- Software Quality Attributes for the Technical Test Analyst
Chapter 10 Functional Testing
- Accuracy Testing
- Suitability Testing
- Interoperability Testing
- Functional Security Testing
Chapter 11 Usability and Accessibility Testing
- Usability Testing
- Accessibility Testing
- Test Process for Usability and Accessibility Testing
Chapter 12 Efficiency Testing
- Performance Testing
- Load Testing
- Stress Testing
- Scalability Testing
- Resource Utilization Testing
- Measuring Efficiency
- Planning of Efficiency Tests
- Specification of Efficiency Tests
- Executing Efficiency Tests
- Reporting Efficiency Tests
Chapter 13 Security Testing
- Defining Security
- Planning Security Tests
- Typical Security Threats
- Security Test Analysis and Design
- Execution of Security Tests
- Reporting Security Tests
Chapter 14 Reliability Testing
- Test Planning
- Test Specification
- Test Execution
- Reporting Reliability Tests
Chapter 15 Maintainability Testing
- Planning Issues in Maintenance
Chapter 16 Portability Testing
Chapter 17 Reviews
- What Types of Work Products Can We Review?
- When Should We Do the Reviews?
- What Type of Review Should We Do?
- Review Issues
- Check List for Success
Chapter 18 Tools Concepts
- What Is a Test Tool?
- Why Would We Use a Tool?
- Types of Tools
- Integrating Tools
- Other Tool Classification Strategies
- Should We Automate All Our Testing?
- Determining Costs of Test Tools
- Determining Benefits of Test Tools
- Buy or Build?
- Care and Feeding of Tools
Chapter 19 Incident Management
- What Is a Defect?
- Defect Classification Process
- Defect Life Cycles
- What Should Be in a Defect Report?
- Metrics and Reporting
Chapter 20 Communications Skills
- Knowing Your Place
- I Know What I'm Doing. Why Won't Anyone Listen?
- Reading and Writing?Using What You Learned in School
- Is Independence of Testing a Good Thing?
What You Can Expect
At the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Work with more difficult testing requirements
- Understand Specification-Based Testing Techniques
- Use Structure-Based Techniques
- Use Checklist type testing
- Understand Testing Attacks
- Define Software Quality Attributes
- Perform all levels of Functional Testing
- Test for Efficiency
- Develop and Test Security at various levels
- Understand Testing Reliability, Maintainability, and Portability
- Conduct a Test review
- Manage Incidents
- Improve requirements gathering, analysis and specification.
- Perform requirements based testing
Who Should Take This Course
This course is designed for Testers, Analysts, and Developers.
Software Testing Bootcamp - Part 1
Instructor led with 50% lecture and 50% lab.
Software Testing Bootcamp - Part 1
Every student attending a Verhoef Training class will receive
a certificate good for $100 toward their next public class taken
within a year.
You can also buy "Verhoef Vouchers" to get a discounted rate for a
single student in any of our public or web-based classes.
Contact your account manager or our sales office for details.