SharePoint Designer 2013
Duration: 4 Days
On our website at:
This course teaches students how to create and maintain web sites with SharePoint Designer. In addition to User Interface modification, data access of Enterprise SQL server tables, Web Services, and other data sources will be covered. The student will learn to create and modify workflows both in SharePoint Designer 2013. The production functionality of Designer 2013 is covered.
Topics Covered In This Course
- The Big Picture
- Designer features, beyond the browser
- SharePoint 2013 Overview
- Office 365 versus SharePoint On-premises
- Strategies for Building No Code Solutions
- Working with Team Sites in SharePoint 2013
- Working with Composed Looks
SharePoint Designer Interface
- Site Pages
- Master Pages
- Lists and Libraries
- Views and Forms
- Content Types
- Data Sources
- Site Structure
- Web Parts
- Web Part Zone
- Site Definition
Data Sources and Data Views
- Creating and Managing Data Views
- Creating and Managing Data Sources
- Merging Two Data Sources
- Linking Two Data Sources
- Data View Parameters
External Content Types
- Business Connectivity Services
- Creating External Content Types
- Working with External Content Types
- Connecting to OData Data Sources
- SharePoint 2013 Workflow Architecture
- Advantages to using SharePoint 2013 Workflows
- Creating Workflows with SharePoint Designer
- Deploying and Reusing Custom Workflow Logic
- Built In Activities
- Looping Workflow
- Reusable Workflows
- Modifying Out Of Box Workflows
Working with Enterprise Content Management and Managed Metadata
- Managed Metadata Service
- Creating Term Sets with Managed Metadata
- Configuring Content Types Syndication
Working with User Profiles and MySites
- Understanding the User Profile Service
- Extending User Profiles with Custom Properties
- Exploring the SharePoint 2013 MySites
- Sharing Documents and Content
- Following People, Sites and Documents
The SharePoint 2013 Search Service
- SharePoint 2013 Search Architecture
- Configuring the Search Service
- Executing Queries using KQL
- Understanding Result Sources and Result Types
Publishing Sites in SharePoint 2013
- Publishing Sites in SharePoint 2010
- Understanding Metadata-driven Navigation
- Topic Pages, Content Pages and Page Layouts
- Creating a Custom Brand with Designer Manager
- Cross-site Publishing Using a Product Catalog
- Understanding Channels and Renditions
Using Excel Services in SharePoint 2013
- Excel Services Architecture
- Publishing Workbooks
- Publishing Charts and Tables
- Exposing Excel Tables as OData Data Sources
- Creating Pivot Charts and Pivot Reports
What You Can Expect
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Build web pages and sites using master pages, CSS, lists and libraries, web parts, images, and publishing site related artifacts.
- Use the App-Centric user interface.
- Work with Site Columns and Content Types.
- Work with Document Libraries and Document Sets.
- Create and manage Workflows.
- Use Business ConnectionServices.
- Use the Managed Metadata Service.
- Manage User Profiles and MySites.
- Create and modify a site's look and feel.
- Create Custom Solutions using the Search Service.
- Create and maintain Publishing Portal portals.
- Use Excel Services.
- Add RESTful web services to sites.
Who Should Take This Course
This course is designed for Business Users, Designers, Developers, IT Pros, and System Administrators.
SharePoint 2013 Site Administration class.
Instructor led with 40% lecture and 60% lab.
SharePoint 2013 for Site Administrators and Power Users
SharePoint 2010 for End Users
Advanced Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
Every student attending a Verhoef Training class will receive
a certificate good for $100 toward their next public class taken
within a year.
You can also buy "Verhoef Vouchers" to get a discounted rate for a
single student in any of our public or web-based classes.
Contact your account manager or our sales office for details.