Social Networking Strategies and Tactics for Business Success
Duration: 2 Days
The growing wave of social media is becoming big news. Every day there are thousands of newspaper, magazine and website articles, blog posts and television reports about the growing number of people using Facebook, MySpace, digg, Bebo, LinkedIn, Technorati - the list is almost endless. Social networks are gaining momentum; some growing in new membership numbering in the millions per month.
With thousands of social networks each boasting millions of users, social networks are not going away. They're not a fad. Social networks are becoming the standard for collaboration and sharing, for everything from photos, blog posts and web bookmarks to corporation profiles and business networking. They are redefining how business processes are distributed, changing the way entire industries function.
With sites like LinkedIn and Facebook growing rapidly across continents and demographics, it?s official: social networking has arrived. This technology influences how individuals interact with their own extended networks of contacts, but what does it mean for businesses?
As marketing budgets become tighter, and securing new business more competitive in this economy, relationships, or who you know, matter more now than ever before. Today?s popular social networking sites are designed to effectively serve the individual; this webinar covered strategies and tools that are proven to harness the power of professional relationship networks, for the benefit of accounting firms and even help them leverage existing investments such as CRM systems.
There is a whole new paradigm shift for Corporations, Organizations and Entrepreneurs in the new "Word of Mouth" culture. Don't get left behind! Technology never stays still and neither should you. This workshop will show you what?s happening now and how to position your business right in the heart of the Social Networking world.
Topics Covered In This Course
BACKGROUND BASICS AND TACTICS
- The Two Sides of Social Media
- Social Media and Web 2.0 Defined
- It's All about Engagement
- Social Media Is Disruptive
- Prepare to Explore the Social Media Ecosystem
THE SOCIAL MEDIA ECOSYSTEM
- The Big Picture: 15 Categories at a Glance
- On the Way Toward a Common Vocabulary
- Category Descriptions and Their Tools
WHAT SOCIAL MEDIA ISN?T
- Marketing Has Changed More in the Past 5 Years Than in the Previous 100 Combined
- What Social Media Isn?t
THE EVOLUTION OF MARKETING
- In the World of Marketing, There Are Two Sure-Fire Promotions
- Where Marketing Has Been
- Social Media Comes of Age
HOW TO THINK ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA
- Getting Familiar with Social Media
- Key Social Media Platforms
- Other Social Media Platforms You Should Know About
- Social Media Models Used by the Fortune 500
THE LANGUAGE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
- Getting Social Media Vocabulary Straight
- The Social Media Life Cycle
- Bringing Your Social Media Campaign to Life
- Keeping Customers for Life
LAYING THE GROUNDWORK FOR SUCCESS
- Measuring What Counts
- Risks Associated with Social Media Campaigns
- Social Media Isn?t Free
CREATING CIRCULAR MOMENTUM
- Using Circular Momentum to Build Your Brand
- Using Social Media for Customer Service
- Social Media As a Recruiting Tool
- Are You Set Up to Create Circular Momentum with Your Social Media Campaign?
SOCIAL MEDIA IS MORE THAN JUST YOUTUBE, LINKEDIN, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER
- Social Media Tools to Help You Network, Promote, and Share
- What to Use When
HOW TO INTEGRATE SOCIAL MEDIA INTO YOUR MARKETING PLAN
- The Advent of Integrated Marketing Communications
- The New World of Marketing
- Integrating Your Social Media Campaign
HOW TO CONDUCT A COMPETITIVE ASSESSMENT
- Conducting a Competitive Assessment for Your Business
- Conducting a Social Media Competitive Assessment
UNDERSTANDING THE CUSTOMER THOUGHT PROCESSES
- Customer Decision-Making Process
- Decision Making When It Really Matters
- The Role of Social Media in Influencing Decisions
ESTABLISHING YOUR MAJOR OBJECTIVES AND KEY STRATEGIES
- Don?t Just Create an Action?Create a Chain Reaction
- How to Set Objectives That Get You Results
- Moving Product
- Moving People
- Developing Your Social Media Strategy
ALIGNING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY WITH YOUR BRAND ESSENCE
- The Essence of Brand Essence
- Aligning Your Efforts with Your Brand
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
HOW TO MEASURE A SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
- Setting Objectives for Your Campaign
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Social Media Measurement
- Segmenting Social Media Measurement into Categories
STEP 1: MEASURING THE QUANTITATIVE DATA
- Measuring Traffic on Your Own Web Site
- Measuring Traffic on Your Competitors? Web Sites
- Measuring Traffic on Your Social Media Channels
- Measuring Your Online Mentions Across Different Platforms
- Other Quantitative Metrics
STEP 2: MEASURING THE QUALITATIVE DATA
- Using Qualitative Data to Get Insights from Your Customers
- Creating Your Own Survey
- Listening to the Online Conversation
- Mistakes to Avoid When Measuring Qualitative Social Media Data
STEP 3: MEASURING THE ONLY REALLY IMPORTANT THING?YOUR RETURN ON INVESTMENT
- Understanding Customer Lifetime Value
- Using Social Media for Customer Retention Purposes
- Generating Leads with Social Media
- Converting Leads into Customers
- Tracking Your Social Media ROI
- The Bottom Line
MOBILE MARKETING: TAPPING INTO BILLIONS OF CELLPHONE USERS
- What Is Mobile Marketing?
- A World Run on BlackBerrys, iPhones, and Mobile Devices
- How to Implement Mobile Marketing
VIRTUAL REALITY WORLDS: THE HOWS AND WHYS OF THIS UNIQUE MARKETING UNIVERSE
- The Basics of Virtual Reality World Communities
- How to Leverage the Trend
- Virtual Trade Shows and Events
- Virtual-Reality-World Banner Ads
VIDEO MARKETING: TAKING VIDEO TO THE NEXT LEVEL
- The Video Craze
- Shifting from YouTube to Ustream and Beyond
- Internet TV
- The Flip Video Craze
WEB APPLICATIONS: HOW TO EFFECTIVELY USE APPS IN YOUR MARKETING
- What Are Web Apps?
- Apps for Personal and General Business Use
- Using Apps in Web 3.0 Marketing
SOCIAL NETWORKING STRATEGY
- Advice for Small Business
- Advice for Nonprofits, Healthcare, Education, and Political Campaigns
- Corporate Governance, Strategy, and Implementation
THE FUTURE OF SOCIAL BUSINESS
- Social, Personalized, and Real Time
- The ROI of the Social Web
- Trends in the Social Web
What You Can Expect
At the completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand what social networks are, and how they are being used by consumers and business professionals.
- Make a determination of which social networks align most appropriately with their needs and those of their customers.
- Identify 4 key benefits to using social networking in their business.
- Utilize 7 tips essential for aligning your business social networking with your business goals.
- Identify ways to promote their involvement in social networking.
- Develop a basic plan for using social media as a component of their overall technology and business strategies.
- Examples and explanations of the following will be given:
- Personal Branding strategies,
- Effective use of Linked-In, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and sales-specific sites.
- How to gain credibility as a Thought Leader,
- Blog usage strategies,
- Video usage and strategies,
- Getting your content out and re-purposing it through multiple channels
- RSS feeds & subscriptions.
Who Should Take This Course
Anyone interested in how Social Networking Strategies & Tactics can enhance the Business Success of their organization.
Instructor-led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities and case studies.
Every student attending a Verhoef Training class will receive
a certificate good for $100 toward their next public class taken
within a year.
You can also buy "Verhoef Vouchers" to get a discounted rate for a
single student in any of our public or web-based classes.
Contact your account manager or our sales office for details.