IBM Content Manager OnDemand for z/OS CMOD
Duration: 5 Days
The course is for OnDemand Administrators and employees responsible for devising solutions that index and load documents into an OnDemand system. Hands on Labs cover the Command Utilities e.g. ARSADMIN, ARSXML, ARSMAINT AND ARSDOC. Document Indexing, Building Reporting Objects and other Report Types (ASCII & PDF) using the Generic Indexer are covered.
Storage Management, Document Storage and System Administration are explained in detail.
Topics Covered In This Course
Introduction to OnDemand
- System concepts and components
- OnDemand objects
- Report processing
- Document retrieval
- Database tables and system logs
- Indexing basics
- Additional indexing features
- Indexing using multiple triggers
Build Reporting Objects
- Create an application group
- Create an application
- Folders and cabinets
- Load a report file
- Modify a report
- Configure permissions
Other Report Types
- ASCII line data using the OnDemand Wizard
- PDF report files
- Using the Generic Indexer
Concepts and components
- Storage scenarios
- Configure cache storage
- Configure archive storage
- Cache structures
- OnDemand database
- Document retrieval
- Using ARSMAINT
- System configuration
- Configure the system log
- Automate document loading
- Enhanced Retention Manager
- Create a document approval process
- Manage objects using ARSXML
- Manage users and groups
- Creating AFP documents
- Convert line data to AFP documents
- EBCDIC line data: transactions
- Query documents
- Retrieve documents
- Add, update, and delete documents
What You Can Expect
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to administer an IBM Content Manager OnDemand system using the tools and techniques presented here.
- Learn the skills required to implement a system solution for indexing and loading documents into an OnDemand system.
Who Should Take This Course
- Anyone who is currently, or soon will be, administering an IBM Content Manager OnDemand system OnDemand Report Administrators - individuals who implement OnDemand solutions to index and load documents into an OnDemand system
- An understanding of basic database concepts
- Some experience as a system administrator, database Administrator, or business solution builder
Lecture, discussion, demonstrations and extensive hands-on labs.
Every student attending a Verhoef Training class will receive
a certificate good for $100 toward their next public class taken
within a year.
You can also buy "Verhoef Vouchers" to get a discounted rate for a
single student in any of our public or web-based classes.
Contact your account manager or our sales office for details.